Saturday, April 26, 2008

Take me out to the ball game....


Last night we took Dawson to his first baseball game. Alabama played Auburn at home and even though we lost 5-4, it was still a great game. We had four of the Elders meet us there so that was neat too. One of them is from Jamacia and had never watched a baseball game before. Dawson couldn't decide if he liked the game or thought it was boring. He nearly fell asleep a few times but we didn't get there until 8:30 and he's usually in bed by 8.
They have fireworks on Friday nights (one ofthe reasons we went to this particular game) and we thought he would like them but he didn't. I think it was the lack of sleep combined with the loud noise but Dawson got a little upset by them. One the way home he wanted to see more fireworks though, go figure. I'm glad we got to go. Maybe we'll go to a few earlier games next week!

2 comments:

The Loden's said...

I am so glad you found my blog. I Loved reading yours. I am not that interesting so most of the time I just do pictures. Any who have a Great week!!

Miranda said...

Sounds like fun! We always enjoyed going to minor league games when we lived in places that had a team. We'd try to go to day games so the kids wouldn't be so cranky in the evenings. The few evening games we went to turned out ok, though.