Monday, April 14, 2008

Roll Tide!


So I'm not very good at keeping up with this blog. Maybe after classes are finished in three weeks ( I can hardly wait!!!) I will have more free time. Though that seems like an unlikely event considering we will be adding another member to our family....maybe it will get better. This past weekend was really fun. Kim and Curtis came and spent the weekend with us and even though not everything turned out exactly as we had planned, I throughly enjoy it and I can't wait till they can move up here and we can hang out all the time.

I did learn a few important lessons this weekend. First and foremost, my child's name is not Dawson, it's Dolphin (only if you are asking Kaeli though!). I'm considering getting it changed since she cannot seem to remember that dolphins swim in the ocean and Dawson is the little boy who walks by and pushes her. Yes, he's a bully but he does it out of love. Remember how we use to chase boys around the playground and try to kiss them?....same thing, same result. Second, investing in solid furniture to put toys in is VERY important. Dawson has a lot of his smaller toys in a plastic storage bin/shelf thing that, until this weekend, has never been empited before. For some reason he decided that ALL the toys belonged on the floor in his room. So he managed to pull all three drawers out and dump the toys out on the floor. I am very OCD about how his toys are organized ( I know, they are just toys but it's something I'm working on) and it took awhile to place them in their proper place that night. Luckly the boys cleaned up the rest of the house while I sorted toys. I tried not to notice all the misplaced things or the poorly folded clothes since they were trying to do something nice for Mommy....I really did appreciate it though and I loved hearing them sing our clean up song as they were working. Third, the sheriff's department here has some crappy officers. We won't go into detail about the deputy who thought he knew so much about children that when Dawson was having a meltdown ( it was nap time and he was hungery, he rarely ever does this) that he could come and tell me that I was hurting my child. Dawson was sitting on my shoulders ( at 8 1/2 months, he doesn't fit on my hip anymore!) and he crying because he wanted to walk. With an extra 70 thousand people on campus, that was not about to happen! Anyway, the guy was a total jerk, totally inappropriate and I think he felt a little stupid after the look Kim gave him and his partner taking my side of the story. I could understand if I was yelling at him or spanking him but he was just sitting on my shoulders and I was simply holding on to his ankles. Oh well. I think that guy was bored being there anyway. LOL, I wish I could have caught the look on Kim's face in a picture though. Worth a thousand words!!!! Fourth, things work out in the end. We, being Kim and I and ALL the kids, didn't ever make it into the stadium for the A Day game but I am glad we didn't. We watched it from the comfort of our house with ALL the babies asleep and our very smart and thoughtful husbands got sunburnt sitting in the stands. James told me later that they went the oposite direction of everyone else when the gates opened. Result?....they spent the next two hours baking in the sun. I'm glad I didn't get sunburnt or the babies. So it worked out in the end after all. And last but not least, goldfish are better in smaller containers. All who were there know what I am talking about. Enough said.

All things considered, I enjoyed this weekend and it was a change of pace from our normal weekends. It was nice to forget about school and finals for a few days and spend time with people I have been close to for a long time.

2 comments:

theskipperfamily said...

OMG that was so funny when Dawson decided he was going to dump all the toys out... I thought you were going to get him about it cuz the look on your face.... hilarious! Anyways I did have fun too... The kids had a lot of fun... love ya!

theskipperfamily said...

Just to let everyone know my kid does know where a dolphin lives I think she just said dawfin because she has a hard time with her "s"s... she can't say a lot of stuff with a s in it sometimes... but it was cute when she called him that... He didn't care though... they just wanted to play.... Can't wait to move!