Tuesday, April 1, 2008

It's five o'clock somewhere











This past weekend we had the chance to go to Gulf Shores for the weekend. My best friend, Emily, was getting married there and we took the oppurtunity to make a mini vaction out of it. I love going to Gulf Shores. I think part of it is the fact that it's the beach and part of it is because I spent most of my childhood there. The place is small enough to know your way around easily and big enough to have lots of things to do.










We spent most of our time with Emily at her wedding but we did get to go to the beach for a few hours on Saturday. It was still a little cold and the water wasn't quite ready to get in but that didn't stop James at all. He's such a little kid at the beach. He jumped in fully dressed Friday night! We even got Dawson in there for a few mintues but he didn't enjoy it to much! He would rather play in the sand or chase the sea gulls than go swimming.








Sunday we went to church with Mom. It was so good to see everyone again. It's been about 8 months since we have had the chance to go back to Monroeville. It still looks the same. I don't know if it will ever change. Dawson got to ride on Marion's tractor and he thought that was awesome. He has a book about tractors and for some reason he remembered that Marion's was blue. Everytime we read the book he tells us that's Marion's tractor. All the way down there Friday he kept asking if he could ride on it and now that's all he talks about. He's told everybody that he sees that he got to ride on that tractor. Silly boy!








We have a cat named Midnight. He's just a regular black cat but Dawson loves him to death. This morning when I went to get Dawson out of bed, I told him that I loved him like normal. He looks over at Midnight and says "Midnight love Dawson?" He just stares at the cat for a minute than says, "Midnight can't tell me" I told him when he purs he's saying he loves him. It was a cute moment for me.

2 comments:

theskipperfamily said...

Those are some cute pics of Dawson he is getting so big.... I wish I could have seen him Sunday! Oh well hopefully soon I will though... anyways, I love your cat too...ok ok and you! LOL :D

Miranda said...

I love the beach pictures! I miss it sometimes but then I think about all the sand that comes home with you.