Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Recess on the Quad!!

Today was awesome! The Univeristy is very good about doing lots of cool things for the students and today was one of those days. They had tons of games, inflatables, free food!!, and cratfs for everyone to do for a few hours to help relieve the stress of finals. We went for about an hour and a half after my classes today. The boys got to slide down the huge slide and even the Elders came out and joined us. The best part was I got to spend some much needed time with my best friends Jennifer. We've known each other since we were 6 and even though we grew up on opposite ends of the state, it's funny how similar we are. I guess that's why we've stayed friends for so long!! We haven't gotten together as often as we would have liked this semester but we have at least one more year together before she moves to Huntsville. I love her to death and I envy the fact that she can embarrass James.....no one else has done it. She can tell you that story! Dawson also got to break the Elmo pinata and there was this mechanical bull there that was just to much fun to resist. Yes, I got on the bull ( 9 months prego and all!) with Jenn.....only for the picture though! James thought it was such a bad idea, he wouldn't even help me on the thing! But it was fun...alot of fun! James tried riding it a few times but never quite made it to the 8 seconds. Poor Dawson didn't want anything to do with it!

We also had a doctor's appointment today. I'm 9 months today and doing fine. I lost another 1.5 pounds, I don't know if you are suppose to do that but I'm not complaining. The thing I don't get...I've had ice cream after dinner every night for the past two weeks. It seems to help my heartburn (which I got a prescription for today....probably more excited about that than I should be!) But I'm 2 centimeters now, I'm not worried, I stayed that way for a month with Dawson. She's head first, thank goodness and everything is normal. The doctor says Mother's Day weekend is when we'll have her, I'm saying May 16th and James is saying May 20th. We'll have to wait and see!

We had the two of the Elders over tonight again. Will and Jennifer ate with us as well. We had a good discussion about the gospel with them. I love to have the missionaries teach in our home. Sometimes it's a little hetic with Dawson running around but he's learning to sit and be still during the lessons. The Spirit is just so strong and I love hearing about the Restoration over and over again. I think I learn something new or think about it a little differently each time. I love hearing the basic principles of the church taught. I think that's why I love going to the Gospel Principles class instead of the adult Sunday school. Everything is so basic, so simple yet so profound. It was a wonderful way to end our fantastic day!

Here are a few more of my favorite pictures from today....

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Whoa, 9 or 8 months? I am guessing 8 since you aren't due until Mother's day weekend...woot woot for a girl! Is James excited to have a girl?

Miranda said...

How fun!!! Just for the record, I would've helped you on the bull. It's not like you were gonna ride the thing. ;o) As for the weight loss, it is normal as you get closer to delivery. Wow, she's almost here. How are you feeling?

Candice said...

I feel really good actually! Just a little large, that's all. I hope I keep losing pounds. Not counting what I lost the first six weeks, I've only gained 5.5 pounds this time around..alot better than the nearly 50 with Dawson. And James is so excited. He wanted a girl to start with ( I wanted a boy first) but he got his wish this time. She already has him wrapped around her little finger.