Monday, April 7, 2008

Our weekend

It's been a few days since I've posted something. It was one of those weekends that everything seemed to happen at the same time. Of course we had General Conference but we stayed home and watched it since Dawson was sick with a runny nose and fever. We went to Target Saturday to get him some medicine and there was a car show there. The boys have been talking about going to it for weeks so we walked around for a little while to see all the 'cool cars'. Ok, Dawson and James walked around. At 8 1/2 months prego, I waddle more than I walk and since I've already been diluated for the past month, I can't waddle around to much. Dawson had to copy everything Dad did and was so cute trying to see all the motors. There was a fire engine and ambulance there as well. Anyone who has been around Dawson knows he LOVES fire engines. I couldn't count the number of books he has on them. The fire fighters were nice enough to let him climb in the truck and play around inside. He was a little scared at first (they are pretty big!) but after Dad got in there, he was thrilled to death! We also got to go the park with Brooklyn and Aidan on Friday. Dawson stays at their house while I go to class everyday. They had a lot of fun playing and we made it home right before it started raining
Conference was really good as well. My favorite thing though was during Elder Ballard's talk at the end of the last sessions, Dawson woke up and watched it with us. I don't know if you noticed his tie but Dawson has one JUST like it. Dawson was a little upset that he had his tie on but when Elder Ballard said he wanted to talk to the children, I told Dawson to listen very closely because this man was very close to Heavenly Father and if he said something, it was just like if Heavenly Father was talking to him. I didn't think he would care but he sat up and really listened! James had walked out of the room and came back in during Pres. Monson's testimony. Dawson ran up to him and said "Daddy, daddy, he's talking to me!" It really touched me to here that. I hope Dawson always remembers that the leaders of the church are talking to him, no matter what his age is! It was a fun weekend but between everything, we are worn out. We're going to sleep a lot this week and get ready for the A Day game this coming up Saturday. We are so excited and can't wait for Kim and Curtis to come up with the girls and play with us!

0 comments: