Friday, April 18, 2008

All boy....


There is nothing girly about our little man and he, like most boys, loves making bodily noises. After I helped him get dressed today, he had an awful noise come from his rump. I went to check if there was anything to be cleaned up ( it sure sounded like it needed to be!) and Dawson starts laughing so hard he can hardly stand up. It was just gas but the smell was HORRIBLE! Dawson says, "I have gas on Mommy!" and laughs even harder. Everyone he has talked to today, from Daddy to the check out lady at Wal-Mart, he has told them that he had gas on me. LOL, sometimes kids say the darnest things. He made up for the lack of sweetness ealrier at bed time. We always read a few books together after family prayer and tonight as we were reading Dawson sang a song to me. Granted, it was as loud as he could possibly be, he had the cat by his neck and it was so random it was hard to keep track of but it was so cute too. The most I could make out of it was that the cat was his baby and he "lobed" him and his cars race really fast. I wish I had recorded it. It is something I could have shown on his first date! He is always singing songs so maybe I will try to catch one on video this week.

Only two weeks of classes left then finals!! I can't believe this semster is over already. Sometimes it seems like we haven't been going very long, other times it feels like it has been forever. I'm glad I went back to school though. I have spent so much time taking care of our family that is was a nice break to have a few hours a day all to myself. At first it was hard leaving Dawson with the babysitter and not being worried about him but now I look forward to it. It's not that I don't love being around him, just the opposite is true, but I have found part of myself that I forgot was there. I think I am a better wife, mom and individual because I take this time out for myself. I've always ejoyed learning new things and having challenges to overcome and going back to school hasn't been any different. My perspective on class has been completely changed. It means more now and surprisingly I use a lot of the stuff I learn in Ed. Psy. at home with Dawson. It was a little akward at first being the only mom in class and my stomach growing every week instead of being cute and little like all the other girls in class but I feel good about what I am doing and I'm glad we didn't wait to have kids. I think I have overcome that fear of people looking down on me because we had children so young. I know what we are doing is right and I'm very proud to be a mommy, no matter what circumstnace I'm in. I'm glad to have to the summer off to be at home with Dawson adn Ellie but I know I'm looking forward to the fall as well when classes start again. Just wish me luck that I won't have Ellie before finals. They say I will probably have her around Mother's Day weekend (9-11) even though I'm not due until the 21st. My last final is May 8th!!!

1 comments:

holley family said...

hey, so how are you feeling??? you guys need to come over after finals! if you're still able...