Saturday, May 3, 2008

***This is not for those with weak stomachs....we will be talking about poop.***

This week has seem to hold a common theme for us. Up until now, Dawson has never been concerned about what comes out of his bum but now it is a real fanstination for him. We've been potty training (again!) and he won't poop in the potty. He'll ask for a diaper than do his business. Twice this week he has rubbed the poop all over his walls. We've had sme serious talks about how yucky that was and how it might make us sick. After the second time, I thought I was done cleaning up others poop. Wrong! We woke up this morning to a horrible smell coming from the bathrooms. Apparently the sewer had backed up into our bathtubs and overflowed one of our toliets. It was the grossest thing I have ever seen or smelt! It took them until after lunch to finally get the drains working again...but we still had to clean the mess up. After about an hour and a half of scrubbing ever inch of both bathrooms, I think we got it all. I have never used so much bleach and Comet at one time but I feel assured that there isn't the slighest bit of anything left. James is cleaning the carpets for me right now just so all the floors are clean and there's no chance any germs are around. Hopefully we won't wake up to this ever again!

But other than our adventure this morning, today was fun. We met up with some friends at the park. The boys played soccer and I even had a few minutes of adult conversation without hearing "hey mommy, hey mommy...". The boys even went swimming after we got home and all the elders came over for dinner. Poor Dawson was exhausted by the end of the day. But he's sleeping so soundly now! This is a picture of Dawson and Will from today. Will is our neighbor across the hall and Dawson's adopted big brother.

2 comments:

mcamp said...

Oh my goodness! I am so sorry that happened to you! GROSS and DOUBLE GROSS!

EWWWWW!!!

Kira Jay said...

Wow that's gross! I think I would have thrown up.