Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thanksgiving and Iron Bowl

We had a great Thanksgiving! We spent the weekend at my dad's in Gadsden and had a small Thanksgiving dinner with the family. Belinda did a great job! We had some trouble getting over there that made us a little late, the altenator wasn't working prpoerly but thanks to my wonderful husband and some redneck engineering (there are no part stores open on Thanksgiving)we made it just fine. I'm really thankful he knows so much about working on cars! Ellie really enjoyed Nana's sweet potatoes and Dawson ate plenty of the ham. But poor Dawson has had a bad cough all weekend which has dampened the weekend a little bit. I did get to hit the stores early Friday morning and that was a blast! We got some great deals and a few times we got the last item left! So we were standing at Wal-Mart in the toys department and were trying to decide if Ellie would be old enough for this walker/ride on toy when some lady picks it up off the shelf. She asks Belinda - Were you looking at this? Belinda tells her yes and she GAVE it to us! What the crap! It was the last one on the shelf and the last one in the store......poor girl, you can't be that nice on black Friday! Next time we looked at something, we put it in the buggy first then talked about it! We only spent a few hours out, from about 4:30 till 11:00 because for the second half we had Ellie and it was pretty cold out! The only thing we didn't get to do was to go see the lights at Noccalula Falls. Dad lives a few miles from them and they are so beautiful!!! You can takea train ride through the whole park and they have plenty of animals for the kids to pet and look at but it rained everyday and when it rains, they lose it down. I guess it gives us an excuse to come back!




A little update on James- he's doing alright but he's still pretty sore. His arm has almost healed up but part of the skin they used to close the wound has died and it has reopened. Pretty gross!! So tomorrow he will have to have it restitched and hopefully it will work this time. He took the rest of the stichtes out himself. Yuck!


All I want to say about the Iron Bowl is that it was the best game this year. To completely shut out auburn made my week! We watched the game with my dad and Tommy (both bama fans) and Belinda and Noah(both auburn fans) so I tried to be nice and not cheer as loud as I wanted to but as soon as the game was over James and I went to the kitchen and did a victory dance. Sweet victory!!! Roll tide!!!!!!!!! To make the game even better, both my sick kids slept through it. I'm glad they got to rest and I could watch the game uninterrupted. Roll tide roll! Gators here we come!

0 comments: