Thursday, November 13, 2008

it happened.......

So today the inevitable happened. James totaled out his Harley. I knew it would happen, I just wish it had happened on a different week. We buried my grandfather a few days ago and I'm not over that and its a story to tell when I feel better about it. James is alright.....right now he has quite a few stitches and we are waiting on the rest of the tests to come back. So far there are no broken bones. Hopefully there are no internal injuries either.

So let's start from the beginning. I wasn't to thrilled about him riding the motorcycle but boys will be boys and he has had the motorcycle for about two weeks now and he has riden it constantly! But today I've felt weird all day. Other than going to class I stayed home and cleaned my house since it was neglected during the past week. But everytime James called I had the feeling to tell him extra that I loved him and to be careful. Somehow I knew it would be today. How grateful I am that I had that promoting!!! I was about to start dinner when I thought to call James and see where he was since he was a little late. I had the nagging feeling that something wasn't right. He answered and told me he had just wrecked the bike and I needed to come get it before they towed it off. Man was I scared!!!! I dressed the kids and had to change the carseats into the truck and take off. Luckily he wrecked near the house and it didn't take me long to get there. He was in the back of the ambulance when I got there so I checked on him, kissed him, all that good stuff then set out to try to get that nearly 500 pound motorcycle into the back of the truck. Thankfully there were three guys there to help - well do most of the work- and the truck is lowered a good bit. James, this is the only time I will be thankful you got us in so much trouble lowering that truck!!;) After we got the bike loaded, I followed the ambulance to the hospital. I have never seen so many people in the ER before!! There were tons of trauma patients and James was one of them. I was so grateful that Megan was working that night and got us back to the x-rays really fast! And she was so sweet to spend extra time with James helping him when he needed it. She was a life saver as were the home teachers who came by and gave James a blessing. And thank you so much Palmer family for watching the kids!!! That is a blessing beyond expression!!! So now we are just waiting for the CT scan to come back. He's throwing up a lot and that is worrying me but with his stomach problems it could just be stress. Let's hope so!

So how did this happen.... It has rained here off and on all day so the roads are wet and according to the witnesses a lady cut James off and stopped in front of him. He couldn't stop in time so he rear ended her and flipped over his handle bars and over her car!that's all he remembers! I know it hurt!

And so we wait.....I will update tomorrow and post some pictures. Thank you to everyone who called, came by or who are helping out. It means a lot to us to see how many people care and how many have sacrificed to help us out tonight! I also want to express my deep gratitude for the temple and the covenants we make.there. I know James was protected tonight. You can physically see the evidence with the road rash never going past his knees or elbows. I was told tonight that I would have lost my husband if he hadn't been wearing his helmet but I know it would have been worse if other commandments hadn't been kept either. I know Heavenly Father watches over us and loves us dearly. I don't know what I would have done had we lost James tonight.I am so glad for the protection he received tonight.

4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Oh my word, I had no idea!!! I hope he will be okay!! Is he still in the hospital??? Let me know if I can help, k?

Jessica Anderson said...

SO SORRy to hear that happened to James. What a scary situation. Just reading your post made me tear up, because it's so true about the temple convanents and i'm so happy for your family that he's ok.

Kira Jay said...

Scary! I'm glad he is okay!!! Let us know if we can help out at all!

Ann said...

This is why Jason can not have a motorcycle period! I am so sorry about the accident, how is he doing? How are you doing? I am glad you clued me into your blog too. Love you back! Ann